Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Almost and Expert

You know what I happen to be thankful for lately?  My bicep and my hip.  Why, you ask?  My hip is the bone that my baby sits on as she rides around the house, store, park, okay EVERYWHERE.  This is her favorite ride her Cadillac, where she likes to be seen.  I like to tell myself that my hip is probably one of her favorite things.  Of course without my bicep she wouldn't be sitting very pretty on the hip.  The bicep holds her little buns in place, makes her feel safe and secure and allows her to pivot her little body this way and that as she takes in the world. 

Well this hip-baby of mine has helped me hone a specialized skill.  The 'doing everything one-handed' skill.  I am becoming an expert at one-handed typing, picking up toys and stirring a pot on the stove.  So you think that sounds easy?  Well what about going to the bathroom, putting away dishes from the dishwasher, opening a bottle of wine or cutting lettuce for a salad, all with only one-hand.  Pretty impressive, eh?  There are a few more tasks I need to complete one-handed before I have totally mastered this skill.  I would like to be able to fold the laundry, get the girls dressed and change the sheets on the bed with only one-hand. . . I'll let you know when I have arrived there! 

In the meantime, I'll just continue to be thankful for my hip, my bicep and my one-hand!
 
Content © Misty Sedehi. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.