Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

August is here and I couldn't be happier!!!  I have to admit that July was a really tough month for me, the emotional magnitude of the move hit me full force.  Loneliness definitely set in with Hamid working long days and traveling on the weekends.  The girls have been adjusting to the move in their own way with emotional outbursts, disobedience and sibling rivalry.  The days have been long. 

I was blessed to have had some good friends come visit, but their trips were short and sweet, and with each visit I felt like it was becoming harder and harder to say goodbye.  I was definitely in need of a visit from my Mom; I knew she would help make this new house feel like a home.  My mom and I are very close, we talk nearly EVERY day and usually multiple times a day.  There was so much I wanted to share with her about our new surroundings and was so anxious for her to come visit us!   

I couldn't wait to show her every detail of our new house, the huge backyard, the front patios, the landscaped front yard, the beautiful kitchen and the big bedrooms.  I wanted to pick her brain on decorating ideas, show off the kids' rooms, let her use our new washing machine and dryer.  I was looking forward to having another adult in the room to talk about nothing with, roll my eyes at when my kids' are whining and drink coffee with in the morning.    

I knew she would love olive oil tasting in Los Olivos, going to my new favorite sandwich place Panino, visiting Clairmonte's lavender farm, exploring all of the great local garden nurseries, going to Pismo Beach and eating at Splash Cafe, shopping on State Street and downtown Solvang, eating at our new favorite family restaurant AJ Spurs, taking her to the Farmer's Markets in Santa Barbara, Solvang and San Luis Obispo and showing her Hamid's daily commute.

The girls were in desperate need of some love and attention that only Nana could give.  They were excited to show her the fruit trees in our backyard, the schools they would be going to in the fall, the library and parks they had been to and of course the miniature horses.  I knew she'd offer helping hands to make a quick meal, hold a crying baby, buckle a kid in the car or read a bedtime story.

Alyssa was in need of some precious bonding time as well.  She would have the opportunity to show off some of her newest tricks like clapping her hands, making raspberries with her mouth, playing peek-a-boo, mooing like a cow, giving kisses and dancing. 

Well my wish came true, my Mom came to visit!!!!  She came bearing gifts for the kids, our favorite foods from Trader Joe's and lots of patience!  We squeezed in all of the things mentioned above and even a few more.  It was a wonderful week and I'm so thankful for her visit! 

 "A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
 ~Washington Irving

I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!

No comments:

 
Content © Misty Sedehi. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.