Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So Long Summer

Sorry for the blogging delay, my camera is officially out of commission and blogging isn't quite as fun without posting pictures.  So bare with me as I try to entertain you with my words!


After feeling like I've been on solitary confinement for a month with my three little ladies, our end-of-the-summer vacation finally came!  We spent a whole week in Orange County, where we were hosted by our very dear friends' the Davenports.  It was a whirlwind week with the girls attending Saddleback Covenant's "High Seas" VBS.  We were up and out of the house at 8:30 am every morning (well at least we tried to be!), and didn't seem to stop until around 9:00 pm.  VBS was an amazing experience for the girls.  Not only did they get to hang out with their best buddies, they were able to grow deeper with God by learning new bible stories, crafting, rocking out to worship songs and just plain having fun!! Children showing their love for God, in all of their innocence, is one of the most awesome things to watch!!  


Even though the week was a bit hectic, it was just what I needed to refuel.  I needed some 'girl time' with some of my best friends, I needed to see my kids have fun with other kids and I needed a sense of normalcy.  Let's just say, I squeezed in as many visits to Target and Starbucks as I possibly could in one week!!  I really missed my hubby though, but lucky for us he had a tournament in Temecula that he had to scout, so we got to see him for a couple of hours!!  After our super fun week in the OC we headed north to Fresno to visit my mom, brother and sister-in-law.


Our Fresno visit was much more laid back and exactly what we needed for this leg of our trip.  We lounged in our PJ's, ate yummy food (that we only get at Nana's house!) and let Nana spoil us rotten!  Alyssa even knows that Nana is special, she would leap out of my arms just to get to her Nana.  


There was one last special memory to make. . .  Nana babysat the 'little' girls while Emma and Mommy made a special trip to Target to get kindergarten supplies.  It was so fun watching her pick out the 'perfect' backpack, pencils, crayons and glue sticks.  It was so special that I got to focus all of my attention on Emma, it made me realize that I need to make an effort to spend more one-on-one time with my girls.  I now refer to Emma as my "Kindy," and every time I say it she seems to stand up a little bit taller and gets the cutest smile on her face.  She is going to LOVE kindergarten and I am so, so excited to see what this upcoming year has in store for her! 


We head back to Buellton tomorrow to see DADDY!!!!!!!  We have big Friday night plans to watch the UCSB Women's Soccer Team play their first game!!!!  


Fall is just around the corner and oh, how I have been looking forward to the fall!!!

No comments:

 
Content © Misty Sedehi. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.