Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Be My Valentine

I know, I know. . .  Valentine's Day tends to be an overrated holiday.  Created with the best intentions by Hallmark and Russell Stover's, but nevertheless it's one of my favorite holidays!  My husband always mocks my love for holidays.  He believes that everyday should be celebrated and we shouldn't show our love on ONE particular day.  And while I totally agree, I also love the anticipation and excitement of a holiday.  It gives me something to look forward too. . . baking cookies with the girls, making Valentine's for their school parties, picking out the perfect shade of pink to wear, creating memories.     

 
My Valentine's came early this year!  We were able to spend the entire weekend with my husband HOME.  It's the first time since Christmas that we have been home together as a family for a whole weekend.  We went to the Santa Barbara Zoo on Saturday and had a lazy day at home on Sunday. 
 
It was divine!




To me, Valentine's Day is not about the flowers, that die, jewerly, that I won't wear, or the chocolates, that mock my weight loss goal.  

It's about TIME.

 Time as a family. Time with my husband. Time with Daddy. Making memories. Time is sometimes the hardest gift to give, but one of the BEST gifts to receive.

Hope you get some quality time with your Valentine today!! Happy Valentine's Day Friends!!!!       






No comments:

 
Content © Misty Sedehi. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.