Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Pinterest Success

I have a confession.  I am obsessed with Pinterest.  I love looking at all of my pins, like they are little trophies.  It's so easy just to click 'pin' and then have this little clip of the internet immortalized on my personal board.  The problem is, the pins just keep piling up. .. there are recipes, home decorating ideas, crafts and fashion hopes and they just sit there waiting for me to do something with them.  The reality is these pins are ridiculously easy to collect and even easier to do NOTHING with!  Well, I am going to put a change to that.  My goal is to 'do' at least one Pinterest idea a week, and I plan to share with you how it turns out!  Here's my first accomplished pin. .. .

I am NOT a big beauty buff.  My skin has always been blah, acne prone and oily.  I feel like I have tried every over the counter remedy and nothing ever works, so why bother.  As a result, my nightly facial cleansing routine has turned into a whole lot of nothing!  Until I saw this pin about the oil cleansing method on Pinterest.  It peaked my interested, especially since it is basically free, super easy to execute and all natural.  The basic idea is oil dissolves oil, so using an oil to cleanse your face helps to clean pores, dissolve dirt and balance natural oils.  I was skeptical how could adding oil to my already super oily, acne prone skin really benefit me, nevertheless I wanted to test it. 

After reading the original post on Wellness Mama, I went to work mixing an oil concoction for my skin.  The mixture I ended up with is 1/4 castor oil and 3/4 olive oil.  (If you go to the website they give you recommendations on what to use for your skin type and explain the method in more detail). 

I just finished three weeks of the oil cleansing method, and my skin has never looked (or felt) better!!!  The first week, my skin had to adjust to the oil, I had a few breakouts and even dry patches on my face.  The second week my skin started smoothing out and blackheads were coming to the surface.  During the third week, I feel like my skins looks and feels like I just had a facial.  My skin is smooth, soft and even glows (I know, I sound like and infomercial, but it's true!).  Even the whole routine of washing my face is enjoyable.  It's crazy, but I am hooked! 

Needless to say, I would say the Pinterest Oil Cleansing Method is a SUCCESS!!    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this new goal! Wonderful. So did the castor oil stink? i have been wondering about this with all the coconut oil posts that are similar?
Mandy (ruby's mom)

Misty Sedehi said...

Hi Mandy!!! No the olive oil is what I smell most. It's honestly really relaxing to rub the oil into my face and then steam it off with a wash cloth. DO IT, you will love it!!!
- Misty

 
Content © Misty Sedehi. All Rights Reserved | Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs
Unauthorized use of this site's design or code is strictly prohibited.